Back to Previous
The Marshall House
Details
Amenities
The Marshall House, also known as Dodona Manor, was the home of General George and Katherine Marshall from 1941 through 1959. Beginning in the late 1990s the manor house underwent extensive restoration and re-opened to the public in 2005. Ninety percent of the furnishings and memorabilia are original to the Marshall period of residency. Marshall is best known as the author of the Marshall plan which laid the groundwork for post World War II European recovery. The Marshall House is also the headquarters for The George C. Marshall International Center, a non-profit, 501(c)(3) organization that relies on a combination of memberships, admissions, donations, event income and public/private grants to fund its mission, and to maintain the manor house and grounds.
General
Policies
  • Payment Method:
    • Visa
    • Master Card
    • American Express
    • Check
  • Business Hours: Public Docent Led Tours - Sat 10am-5pm and Sun 1-5pm. Last tour at 4pm. Parking behind the home, at The Shops at Dodona Manor, 310-312 East Market Street.
  • Family Friendly:
  • Offers Tour:
  • Bus/Limo/Motorcoach Parking:
  • Admission Fee/Tasting Fee: Tour tickets are $10 for adults, $8 for seniors, and $5 for students
  • Tour Length: Tours of Dodona Manor typically last 60-75 minutes.
  • Reservation Policy: No reservation is necessary for our public tour hours of Saturdays, 10am-5pm and Sundays, 1-5pm during March-December. Also June-August we are open on Mondays, 1-5pm. Our last tour begins at 4 p.m. Private or group weekday tours may be arranged in advance by appointment. Call 703-777-1301 or email tours@georgecmarshall.org to arrange.
  • Group Admission/Tasting Fee: Group tour tickets are $8 per person.
  • Group Reservation Policy: Group tours must be arranged in advance by calling 703-777-1301 or emailing tours@georgecmarshall.org.