Salamander Resort & Spa is located in Middleburg, Virginia, at the heart of the horse and wine country long associated with Washington, D.C.. Known for its fox hunts, lavish parties, elegant estates, and vineyards, Middleburg dates from pre-Revolutionary times and boasts more than 145 buildings on the National Register of Historic Places. Registered for LEED certification, the resort reflects the region’s rich legacy of outdoor pleasures on its 340 acres.
Indoor event spaces will feature a Grand Ballroom, Junior Salon, Boardroom, two breakout rooms, a hospitality suite, and a private dining room. Outdoor spaces include the Grand Lawn, stone and grass terrace overlooking the culinary and herb gardens, Stallion Barn, Equestrian Center, pool, and sports center. Groups at leisure will choose from programs that incorporate spa and wellness, falconry, wildlife and nature, a Green/Giveback program that maintains nature trails in conjunction with the Potomac Conservancy, plus wine tastings, dressage and polo exhibitions, horse training in “horse whisperer” style, or obstacle and zip line courses.
The resort’s traditionally inspired accommodations mirror the region’s finest private estates, while the signature restaurant, with its view of the resort’s Equestrian Center and distant mountains, will uphold the Piedmont region traditions with its use of local, sustainable ingredients. The Living Room, Library, Wine Bar, and Billiard Room all open to stone patios and sweeping vistas of the Grand Lawn, woods, and countryside.
• 35 minutes from Dulles International Airport
• 40 miles from Washington, D.C.
• Set in the historic 18th century village of Middleburg
• Several private airport options within 25-40 minutes
• 5,000 sq. ft. Grand Ballroom
• 12,000 sq. ft. total indoor event space
• 40,000 sq. ft. of total indoor/outdoor event space including the Grand Lawn
• 168 guest rooms and suites
• One of the most unique luxury resort spas & wellness programs in America
• Three pools and fitness center
• Cooking Studio with culinary classes
• Equestrian Center with 22 stalls and riding ring
• Team building programs
• Miles of trail riding, walking and nature trails
• Comprehensive nature and wildlife programs
• Creighton Farms Golf Club nearby
• Over 22 wineries within a 30 minute drive
• Over 700 equestrian events annually
Number of Rooms