Located at 205 N. King Street in Leesburg, Harrison Hall was built in 1780. On October 21, 1861, ladies of the house watched the Battle of Ball’s Bluff from the upper-story windows. Afterward, wounded soldiers were cared for at the Hall, including Col. E.R. Burt of the 18th Mississippi, who died there four days after the battle. During the course of the war, the Hall enjoyed a reputation as a hospitality center for visiting Confederate officers. On September 4, 1862, its most prominent guest arrived. Gen. Robert E. Lee, commander of the Confederate Army of Northern Virginia, arrived in an ambulance wagon, and left with his two hands bandaged in splints after an accident with his horse Traveler. That night, Lee conducted a meeting in the front parlor of the house. In attendance were his top commanders, including Gens. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson, James Longstreet, Lewis A. Armistead, and J.E.B. Stuart. They finalized plans for the invasion of Maryland, which would lead to the Battle of Antietam. Today, Harrison Hall is known as the Glenfiddich House.