OverviewGeorge C. Marshall's Dodona Manor is situated on 3.8 acres of gardens on the eastern end of Leesburg's Old and Historic District. The site is designated a National Historic Landmark as the residence of General George C. Marshall from 1941 until 1959. During his residency in the home, General Marshall served our nation as Chief of Staff of the Army, as Special Envoy to China, as Secretary of State, as President of the American Red Cross, and as Secretary of Defense. His career as a military officer spanned 44 years, including distinguished service in two world wars. General Marshall was the architect of the European Recovery Plan (The Marshall Plan), and was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize in 1953. General Marshall was described as the "Greatest American of the twentieth century" by both Franklin Roosevelt and Winston Churchill. More than 90 percent of the items in the house belonged to the Marshalls when they lived here in the 1950s.
- Master Card
- American Express
- Seniors Discount
- Business Hours: Public docent-led tours: Sat 10 am-5 pm and Sun 1-5 pm. Tours begin on the hour and half-hour. Last tour at 3:30 pm. Parking behind the home, at The Shops at the Marshall House, 312 East Market Street, Leesburg, VA 20176.
- Pet Friendly:
- Family Friendly:
- Handicapped Accessible:
- Offers Tour:
- Bus/Limo/Motorcoach Parking:
- Admission Fee/Tasting Fee: Public tour tickets are $15 for adults, $10 for seniors, $5 for students, and free for active military and immediate family with ID.
- Tour Length: Tours of Dodona Manor typically last 60-75 minutes. The grounds and gardens are self-guided.
- Reservation Policy: No reservation is necessary for our public tour hours of Saturdays, 10 am-5 pm and Sundays, 1-5 pm during March-December. Tours begin on the hour and half-hour. Our last tour begins at 3:30 pm. Private or group weekday tours may be arranged in advance by appointment. Call 703-777-1301 or email email@example.com to arrange.
- Group Admission/Tasting Fee: Group tour tickets are $20 for adults, $15 for seniors (65+), $5 for students, and free for active military and immediate family with ID.
- Group Reservation Policy: Group tours must be arranged in advance by calling 703-777-1301 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Payment Method:
- Exhibits Space
- Exhibits 3
- Number of Rooms 1
- Classroom Capacity 30