Healthy Travel Information
The health and safety of visitors and residents are of the utmost importance to us. Loudoun County is closely monitoring the evolving situation around COVID-19 and is staying in contact with federal and local public health authorities. We’re committed to providing accurate, up-to-date information to help you stay safe while traveling and during your visit.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Virginia requires face masks in accordance with the CDC guidelines. Fully-vaccinated individuals do not have to wear masks in most indoor settings, except on public transit, in health care facilities, and in congregate settings. Those who are unvaccinated or not fully-vaccinated are strongly encouraged to wear masks in all settings. Businesses retain the ability to require masks in their establishments.
- Food & Beverage establishments including restaurants, breweries, distilleries, wineries, tasting rooms, and farmers markets may operate both indoor and outdoor dining areas, including bar areas, as long as all parties are separated with at least six feet between tables.
- Recreation & entertainment businesses may operate with occupancy limited to 50%.
- The Loudoun County Government shares local updates, travel alerts and tips to help minimize risk.
- For the latest updates from Loudoun County Parks, Recreation and Community Services click here.
- The Virginia Department of Health shares daily state-wide updates and advice.
- The U.S. Travel Association offers healthy travel practices and guidance for travelers.
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention features the latest global updates, health and travel information, and guidance for large gatherings.
- The World Health Organization offers advice, reports, and updates on the outbreak.