We’ve all been there — we’ve all had “that” weekend:
You were busy at work, and you just didn’t get around to planning out your precious days off like you wanted to. But, you don’t want another Saturday to go by where you “just chilled...” (AKA stayed home and half-watched TV, half-scrolled through your phone for approximately 5 hours.)
But, guess what? You can forget weekend-planning stress and still make the most of your free time. Because in super cute, super walkable downtown Leesburg, you don’t even need an itinerary to have an adventure! Sometimes, nothing beats hanging with a pal and simply seeing where the town takes you, without too many plans or expectations dictating your moves.
So, just text your bestie to meet you in downtown Leesburg for the day. Because you’re spontaneous like that! You’re free-spirited, dang it! And it’s time to live out your secret travel blogger fantasy!
Leesburg is one of our favorite towns for these kind of planned-unplanned days out because of how easy it is to find inspiration around every corner.
Here are some of Leesburg quirks you’ll love discovering wherever you wander:
- Converted architectural gems, like:
- Cocina on Market, a renovated building from the 1870s that now functions as an authentic Mexican restaurant with a rooftop bar
- Lightfoot Restaurant, an upscale American restaurant housed within a refurbished, Romanesque-revival style former bank
- Hidden oases, like:
- Ever evolving scenes, like:
- Classic town staples, like:
- Boutique shopping, like:
- Historic sites all around, like:
- George C. Marshall's Dodona Manor, the former home of General George Catlett Marshall, now a National Historic Landmark and historic house museum!
- The Loudoun Museum, a quaint site where black-owned businesses historically flourished in the 20th century and where visitors can now explore Loudoun’s past through fine art, textiles, furniture, maps, postcards and toys
- Pockets of nature, like:
- Niche-interest destinations, like:
- BITES Wine & Grilled Cheese Bar, with the most melt-in-your-mouth menu for cheese lovers
- Very Virginia Shop, a store featuring only "Virginia's Finest Goodies and Gifts"
- Public art, like:
- Breweries! In fact, six of them are all within a mile of distance of each another. Plus, when you visit this entire “Leesburg Cluster” with your LoCo Ale Trail Beer Passport, you’ll win a LoCo Ale Trail beer koozie from us!