Loudoun Tourism Industry > Membership
There are no upcoming events at this time.
Visit Loudoun works with the entire tourism industry in Loudoun to promote and grow tourism. Businesses and organizations join Visit Loudoun as dues-paying Members to support Visit Loudoun’s programs, have a vote on Visit Loudoun’s Board governance, and/or be specifically promoted by Visit Loudoun to groups to receive group business. Loudoun businesses that want to attract individual visitors through Visit Loudoun programs may do so through Visit Loudoun’s free and fee-based services. (See the “Other Services” tab below)
Who can become a Visit Loudoun Member?
Any business located in Loudoun County or its jurisdictions, or that serves Loudoun visitors, as well as businesses or organizations that wish to support Visit Loudoun.
Levels of Membership
Visit Loudoun has three levels of membership:
Group Lead Member
: Businesses that serve group visitors
including meetings and conferences, events, reunions, weddings and social events, tournaments, and tour groups. These businesses include:
• Hotels, Resorts, and Conference Centers
• Venues with Public and/or Private Event Space
• Retail Centers
• Transportation Companies
Group Referral Member
: Businesses without private or public event space
that wish to be promoted to groups such as meetings and conferences, events, reunions, weddings and social events, tournaments, and tour groups. These businesses include:
• B&Bs and Inns
• Event Service Vendors (event planners, photographers, caterers, etc.)
Business/Organization Member : Businesses and organizations that wish to support Visit Loudoun programs.
Dues are billed and invoiced annually. Your first year’s dues are paid in full upon joining. Second year dues are pro-rated based on the date you joined the previous year. Dues are not refundable in part or in full.
Group Lead Member: $300
Group Referral Member: $150
Business/Organization Member: $150
In addition to the annual dues investment, hotels, motels, resorts, and conference centers are assessed an additional fee of $2.50 per overnight room. (For example, a hotel with 100 rooms would pay $300 plus a room assessment of $250, for a total of $550.) Combined dues investment and assessment will not exceed $1,000.
Download the Membership Application here.
Janet Tamassia | Industry Relations Manager | 703-669-2004 | tamassia@VisitLoudoun.org
Visit Loudoun Members receive a vote on the Visit Loudoun Board of Directors governance, the leadership that represents the tourism industry to policymakers and oversees the design of Visit Loudoun programs.
In addition, group venues, attractions, accommodations, and/or service providers that join Visit Loudoun’s Membership Program as a Group Lead Member or Group Referral Member receive exclusive* promotion by Visit Loudoun’s marketing, sales, and services programs to the following groups:
• Meetings and Conferences
• Weddings and Private Parties
• Sports Tournaments
• Tour Groups
• Group Travel Media
Visit Loudoun Group Lead and Referral Members receive the following exposure and promotion through Visit Loudoun’s Membership Program:
- A listing in the meeting, wedding, sports, and/or tour group sections of VisitLoudoun.org, which highlight meeting, wedding/event, and sports facilities and service vendors. NEW sections to be added include team building, group attractions, spouse/guest activities, and group dining.
- Promotion by the Visit Loudoun Sales Team that participates in tradeshows and sales missions across the country.
- Sales leads and/or referrals from the Visit Loudoun sales team, as a result of trade shows, sales calls, RFPs, and requests that come in by email, phone, or through our website.
- The ability to participate with Visit Loudoun in tradeshow and advertising co-ops targeting groups. (Additional fee to participate; a list of opportunities is available.)
- The ability to be included in group tour itineraries, familiarization tours, and site visits for group decision makers.
- The ability to include a 4”x9” promotional rack card in the group section of the Visit Loudoun Visitor Center (space permitting).
- Promotion by Visit Loudoun’s media relations to group travel media.
What’s new for 2012-2013?
- Updated niche printed publications designed to attract groups to Loudoun, including a new sports brochure, international brochure, and wedding brochure.
- Increased advertising in meeting and group travel publications.
- More focused promotion to the international market, including the creation of a tourism marketing manager to promote your business to international groups.
- More focused promotion to the weddings market and more staff time dedicated to servicing groups.
- Semi-annual membership breakfasts to update you on member opportunities and our sales strategies, answer your questions, and gather your feedback.
- Continuing educational programs through Visit Loudoun University to keep you connected, learning, and collaborating with Visit Loudoun and with one another.
- A dedicated position for industry relations, to provide you with direct customer service.
* If Visit Loudoun does not have a Member that provides the products or services that a client requests or that we need to participate in a sales or marketing promotion, non-Members will be selected to participate.